15 Signs You’re an EOD Operator
We had some of our favorite EOD Operators compile a list of 15 signs that you may be able to relate to. Let us know which ones you agree with and what we left off of the list.
- You think 5.11 pants are cool and wear Tan Cerakote or Multicam Oakleys sunglasses even when not deployed.
- Every pair of Salomon and Asolo shoes and boots you own were issued through supply.
- You never have a bad hair day, even when deployed.
- You grow a beard in combat to “blend in” but still wear Multicam and ride in a Big Tan HMMWV.
- You wear a “crab” (EOD Badge) on your Suunto watch band.
- You have a “Fun Meter” patch Velcro’d on your body armor.
- You tell everyone you are with “SOCOM” even though SOCOM has no clue who you are!
- You call yourself “SpecOps”, but contrary to popular belief NAVSCOLEOD was the furthest thing from “Selection”.
- You’re the one running towards the car bomb everyone else is running away from.
- You always have a knife/Gerber/Leatherman (or all 3!) to hand 24/7.
- You ruin movies for anyone else watching it.
- You don’t think being drunk has a negative effect on your work.
- You call blowing stuff up “stress relief”.
- You never get anyone in a bar to believe what you do for a living.
- You might be called: Down Range, Double Crimping, Anti Magnetic, Non-Ferrous, half Animal Man Killers, The Last of the Ballroom Dancers, Bare Knuckle Fighters, Fancy Dressers, Motorcycle Riders, Sports Car Driver, and all around Good Guy…Active Nudist.